As the wedding approaches and G and I begin to pay the bills accordingly we have stumbled on a few surprises when it comes to the budget. Most recently I failed at following directions and at math and overspent on our invitations to the tune of $300+. When I got the invoice I panicked and called G *please note I SOOOOO could have not told him BUT I did!*. We talked it over made some changes to the design and settled with a bill about $200 over my original budget. So no throwing those bad-boys out ok! Haha. I've already joked with some friends that they need to find some frames and keep our memory alive all year. The invites were important to me though because I designed them. No they are not ornate, they are simple and romantic and they were printed by a wonderful classmate of mine (check out Moglea here) and I agreed to a plan with G to make up for my overspending. Get ready.
We are not going out to eat the entire month of March. That's right, the ENTIRE MONTH. Not lunches, not dinners, not at all. Ok, well we did last night but it was a pre-planned event we scheduled in February and it was at Hooters which is hardly fine dining. Note: Our waitress was pregnant .... hmmmm. Anyway like I said no going out to eat. This SUCKS for me. I LOVE food, I love socializing and I just plain LOVE going out to eat. I don't do bars, we don't really go to movies all that often, my shopping has been so limited lately it's insane, but going out to eat is my weakness. Even if it's Jimmy Johns I love it.
I haven't failed yet (yes I know it's only the 8th) even though on day 1 and 2 I really wanted to break the rule and I'm hoping to get in some kitchen time and try some new and healthy recipes too. G and I have differing tastes when it comes to cooking but he's been really good at trying new things. If only I could get him on the onion train! Here is one we tried:
This was so easy! The broccoli needs to be well coated in olive oil and make sure to premix the seasoning and sprinkle and toss a bit at a time. Ours was over-seasoned in some areas and under-seasoned in others. We tried again on the grill, it was better but we didn't watch it close enough and had a few blackened bits! The texture is perfect though, no mush!
There are lots more on the list including:
Lots of other goodies are in mind too, but these top the list. Watch my growing recipe list on my Pinterest Page, I try to update with comments after I make things too. What else should I be making this month? Bring on the recipes!


.jpg)

homemade mac and cheese with a side of peas. cheap, tasty and somewhat healthy with the peas. stacy can get you a recipe!
ReplyDeleteimpressive, i wouldn't last a week.
ReplyDelete