Inspired by my friend Holly, and our mutual love of the Pontiac Grand Am.
Grand Am I loved you. I proudly spent 1/2 my Wheel of Fortune earnings on you and gave up my green Cougar for you. You were only two years old when you came into my life, and that made my mom mad, but I got you any way. You were dependable and I never took you into the shop, not once. Your 4 cylinders got me through 3 years of college, a summer in the Twin Cities, my move to Des Moines and my 6 month commute to Indianola.
I beat you with my ice scrapper, subjected you to the mall parking lot for 3 years, slid your wheels into the curb at Casey's last winter and most recently shut my garage door on you. But you never let me down. You provided Nic and I with fantastic jam sessions, an incredibly slow drive down Mills Civic, and a late night sign stealing escapade.
GA you were good to me. But in the end it was time to say goodbye. You were lit up like a Christmas Tree, your miles rose to almost 150,000 and your breaks were making terrible noises. I hated to do it but our time together had come to an end and I laid you to rest among so many other Pontiac's like you, hoping your new owner would love you like I did, knowing they never could.
I held back tears as I gave you up for "Max" and G was confused as to how I could love you so much, asking me if I wanted to cancel the deal and take you back home. But I declined as I knew it was time. Thank you for the memories GA, you were pretty BA :'(

it sounds like a break up. love your new wheels.
ReplyDeleteyay for new cars!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a beauty!
ReplyDeletei will always hold the memories we've had in the GA dearly in my heart - our jam sessions (that bass could've been mistaken for a Bose system), the slow drive down Mills Civic (btw, still one of the funniest memories we have together), you throwing the arbys fast food sack at me, in our attempt to nurse a hangover, staying in the car and jamming to Tenacious D after the bars that one evening (and you unknowingly serenading the neighbors at the same time), the sign covert op mission....i could go on and on.
can't wait to make some memories in your new car!! i think a little jam session is in order to break her in - T.I. anyone?
To Grand Ams Everywhere: You will remain in our hearts, our lives, our memories forever. We wouldn't be who we are today without you. But, in the end, I thank you mostly for your backseat...it served my husband and I well on many occasions. ; )
ReplyDelete