Tuesday, October 4

Weekend Project 2


Ok, so weekend project #1 is complete and amazing! Well it's not 100% complete but 99% and that's why you haven't seen the result yet, but let me tell you now it is fab. This weekend we plan to conquer the laundry room. This is another "interesting" design choice by the previous owner. The tiny 7'x5' room is electric blue (even wilder than Nic and I's previous kitchen) and is cut in half with a diagonal line. There is also a nod to the tropics with a "festive" Hawaiian valance. GAG. G vetoed blue going back in the laundry so I think we have come to an agreement on a nice neutral green/putty color called "estate sale" from Benjamin Moore  


From there I got really excited as I dreamed of the baskets I could add, and cupboards in the future, but eventually I wandered to affordable accessories and saw this gem at Urban Outfitters for $18!


What a wonderful combination of colors to compliment the neural walls, and lo and behold the have the perfect 2'x3' size too! But my dreams were soon crushed as I found shipping from UO is outrageous and was $10. Now there was a point where I would have said "whatever" and gone for it, but tonight I angrily closed my browser and did not proceed with checkout. But I know I will continue to watch for this little gem and hope I catch a free shipping weekend or something, but until then paint will do. Check back early next week for both the paint and light fixture results! And Mom ... this would be great for Christmas ;)


1 comment:

  1. Loving that paint color!

    $10 shipping for UO?! Ridic!

    ReplyDelete