I have a farm style table I envision in his kitchen that is bigger and than his current table and very rustic (it has been used in my Dad's store as a workbench for years) and Mr. Sperm Light would look gross with it. I have been "pinning" like crazy and here are some kitchen inspirations guiding the way.
Initially I was thinking something long and thin running the length of the table, but the options we were seeing were limited and most had a faux candle look to the lamps on them. While I am on board with that style to a degree G wasn't super impressed and we both decided it wasn't the way to go.
This was my initial choice
So after some more wandering and trips to Home Depot and Menards we found these two options that we were stuck between.
You can see we both are drawn to the oil rubbed bronze finish, craftsman/art deco style and square shades but I was afraid that once paired with the rustic table they would look out of place and there was something that bothered me about the open spaces on the sides of the 2nd one. Hrumpf. I was getting frustrated and took G back to my initial choice but on my way I caught a glimpse of this
I loved the clean lines which were less rigid and the globes were slightly ombre in coloring but not cut to look like a candle. It isn't too modern for the country style table but I think she has a rustic charm about her. G and I agreed that we both liked it. We looked around quick again and grabbed the last one they had along with some energy efficient bulbs and pulled the trigger.
So that's our weekend project and our first home project inside I can't wait to share the results and see her in action!






In need of 2 at my house if you find a couple extra.
ReplyDelete