This happened a few weeks ago to me, and is real, and really not surprising at all.
I was preparing to head home for the weekend to spend some time with my family and working out my plan for the drive. I knew I needed to stop at the bank, get gas and get some grub so I planned a trifecta in Waukee. There is a Wells Fargo, BP and McD's all side by side, I can get everything done in a matter of minutes and hit the road, PERFECT! It was raining and I was fussing internally because I would have to get out of my car twice (#firstworldproblems) and might get wet (oh no!). The bank went smoothly but gassing up left me irritated. I hit the BP along with a few other cars. I go through the usual rigamaroll and step up to the machine to swipe my card but the screen isn't functioning. I see a "Start" button and realizing I've never filled up at a BP think that I must have to hit that to get the screen to work. After a few tries I get pissed and look for a new pump. While glancing around I see that all of the pumps are full and any empty ones have "out of order" bags on the pumps. "Are you kidding me? Eff this Casey's can have my money," is what I say to myself as I drive away from the pumps and into the McD's drive through. I leave town, and decide to scarf my QPC on the way to Adel and fill up there. Yes I made it home fine and whatnot.
2 weeks later .....
I talk G$ into Chinese. He's not had it before (which blew my mind) and I suggest we hit up my cheap Waukee fave Tsing Tsao (seriously good cheap Chinese). On our way to pick up the goods I remember I never told him my ridiculous experience at the gas station a few weeks prior. Just when I start to tell the story, we pass by the gas station that gave me the troubles and I bust out laughing. G looks at me wondering why I am laughing and I tell the story, I then tell him to look at the gas station. We both laugh as I realize there is no price posted on the sign, there are no signs up on the building and no one filling up. The gas station was closed and clearly had been for a long time. Duh moron, that's why the pump wouldn't light up and there were bags on 80% of the pumps. The parked cars were customers of McD's and I never noticed that no one was filling up. I did however remember noticing 2 guys giving me a really strange look as they went in to McD's that day, thanks for alerting me to the obvious jerks.
It's good to laugh at yourself every once in awhile and maybe I should become a little more in tune with my surroundings.
hhahaha...that is FANTASTIC. i'm so glad you shared that gem.
ReplyDeletehe hadn't had chinese food?? ummm, what!?
hilarious! great story.
ReplyDeletetsing tsao is the best. got to love the guy behind the counter and his sweet sweat bands.
this made my day, freakin' hilarious.
ReplyDelete