Friday, August 5

1 week

Wow. It's really almost here. I am still thinking something will go wrong and that I won't be able to start my new job. Yes, new job! Last week I had an impromptu interview with a company in Indianola and 30 minutes later the owner was offering me the job on the spot, so I took it. I will be starting back into my career as a graphic designer. I can't believe it, I had just come to assume I would never use my college degree, that I spent a lot of money on a hobby and 5 years of practice, but clearly God had other plans.

I can't lie it's been a hard road these last couple months, I knew when I had chest pains at the mall two weeks ago something had to give, but now I'm a little scared (but mostly a lot excited). Things just seem to be happening so fast, and getting so much good handed over to me in the last 8 months (wonderful new man, wonderful new dog, wonderful new job opportunity) is surprisingly hard for me to handle. I'm reminded of a card JW gave me when things were rough at my job a few months back with the advice "just take it bird by bird" written inside, I never thought I would need it to get through the good! haha.

No matter what my trust is in God, His path is the one I always want to follow and He has been so good. I can't wait to share more time with the people I love the most, my friends, family and boyfriend who have provided non-stop support and advice over the last few years of transition, thank you all so much. Starting August 15th I am ready to say hello to a new path, one that is assuredly much brighter!

3 comments:

  1. :)
    you're a fantastic person & i'm so happy you are receiving all these blessings!
    can't wait to hear about the new job and maybe i can start getting PSD tips from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. psd dates to resume, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cannot wait to hear about your new job!!! yeah for you!!! i'd like to think i contributed to your success since i make you do graphic design work for me. : ) also, just caught up on all of your vacation posts- looks like so much fun! and, I love the duluth map- you should save that and frame it sometime in your house. your first vacation. aww. love is sweet. first vacations are the bestest.

    ReplyDelete