Monday, August 1

Vacation! Part 3

Tuesday (19): We parted ways with the North Shore, and ate one last breakfast at the Vanilla Bean in Two Harbors, then it was time to hit the road for a few hours and make our way to Minneapolis. As one last birthday gift to G I decided to get us tickets to the Twins vs. Indians game along with some matching Indians shirts (Go Tribe!). I had not yet been to the new Target Field and G's favorite team is the Indians so it only made sense. On our drive we watched the temp climb over 100 and I decided it was going to be a miserably hot game which made me a little sad. We ended up getting back into the Cities by about 3 and game time wasn't until 7 so I made a small simple request, "Could we go to IKEA?". G agreed! This is where I failed to give accurate directions and stressed the poor guy out but we did make it to IKEA and roamed (quickly) through the store. I didn't pick up anything but G did find a storage system that peaked his interest for his formal living room, so we grabbed a brochure to bring back with us. After IKEA we headed to downtown, got into our baseball gear (I opted to not wear white shorts, per the white skirt/sweat disaster at an ICubs game) and got some grub. We then jammed ourselves into a lightrail car and made our way to the game. The Indians ended up losing by letting the Twins load up the bases in the bottom of the 9th, but the game was still fun. As we left we saw the line for the lightrail and opted to walk the mile back to our hotel instead.

Target Field

 Minneapolis Skyline
 Game Time
 Great signage, especially when it lit up later in the night

Wednesday (20): I was pretty excited for this day. Not because vacation was over but because I got to get my Willy boy! I really missed my little nugget while we were gone and although we did stop at the Nike outlet and Cabela's on the way home, all I really wanted was a kiss from my pooch. Which I got plenty of when we picked him up from G's parents house. It was a wonderful vacation that we wrapped up with another quick trip to see G's fam in KC, and it's definitely one full of wonderful memories!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a fun vacation!! Sounds like a lot of great memories were made

    ReplyDelete