Thursday, March 3

Missing You

This week the world lost a wonderful man as a family very close to me found out their grandfather, whom I absolutely adored, passed away unexpectedly. All of that emotion from September came back to me in full swing, and I just wish losing someone you care about didn't have to hurt so bad. After all I know these men are in a wonderful place, a place I hope to join them in one day.

I sat eating lunch with my mom yesterday and told her how much I miss my Gramps. We talked about how much he would have loved to hear about the selling price of farm land right now and that made me miss home too. I just wanted to talk to him one more time so badly, but for now pictures and memories will have to do. Miss you, Gramps, the world needs more men like you.


1 comment:

  1. You know...it's so funny...even when you have no regrets, and were there in the last days...the phrase "one more day" comes to my mind a lot too. one is never enough. those days when you'd do anything to just pick up the phone and hear them answer...the days when you remember their laugh and the sparkle in their eye that they got just from seeing you....it's gut-wrenching. but, remember- if you didn't have days like this, it would mean you didn't love him so much, and he didn't love you. that, my friend, is something we were SO lucky to have. what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete