Thursday, October 28

Historic Day

One day has haunted me my entire life. It's an important day and I realize that so much more as I get older and that is my parent's anniversary. For the life of me I can never remember which day in October it is, and Nic can recount last years anniversary incident for you if you like. Most years my mom gets a call on the 25th where I excitedly yell, "Happy Anniversary". In actuality that is my friend Erin's birthday, not their anniversary. But Norene is good, she always laughs and lets me know it's the wrong day and then sadly I usually forget 3 days later to call back (which is insane because we usually talk a few times each week). Today was different though, I remembered! I called her at lunch hoping to take her off guard but she didn't answer, thankfully I remembered to call back after work and I could hear that she was happy I remembered as well. I told her it was a historic day and she agreed.

My parents have been through a lot in their marriage and I know I am beyond blessed to be able to congratulate them on 32 years together (that's right mom isn't it?!). Jim and Norene you have modeled a marriage for me that I can only hope to have one day, thank you for sticking together through thick and thin and for always supporting me. I didn't send a card (I mean remembering is the first step here right?!) but just know that you 2 mean more to me than anyone else in the world. Love ya guys and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

1 comment: