
I must say I was never a huge huge Incubus fan but have dove into them more thorough the last few years but I think I have been missing out on some amazingness surrounding the lead singer. I was listening to the radio (weird I know) and the DJ on 105.1 (Ames still rocks a mean station) mentioned Brandon's new solo project so naturally I investigated and proceeded to download The Wild Trapeze which is already blowing my mind. Yes of course it sounds like Incubus but a little more tribal, less rock and just plain good, plus the kid has a phenomenal voice.
Also phenomenal is his artwork. UGH please just marry me already! Case and point ....

I love the mix of abstract and detail work with the monochromatic palate, this particular print just speaks to me, it looks like his music sounds, if that makes any sense at all.
AND here's the kicker, he designed his own limited edition TOMS last year! "Hello Perfect"

Anywho that's my celeb love proclamation this week. Listen to this fab jam and holler at your girl if you want a copy of his album, I highly recommend!
Dang!! I thought I was going to blow your mind even further with his artwork. Check out his art/journal things that he's done. The best one is called "White Fluffy Clouds" He's a crazy good artist.
ReplyDeleteoh - and "holler." I want.
ReplyDeleteholler also, i want. incubus was my first ever concert and it was sweet. they are definitely in my top 5...so i assume his stuff is good.
ReplyDeletei must say, if i was on his team i'd have a crush too.