Monday, July 19

FAIL

Well, what a weekend. I was really looking forward to enjoying my nice little Friday/Saturday combo days off. I had lots of plans and ambition to get some things done, but you know what happens when you plan? It doesn't work out the way you wanted. I am going to rant a little bit, mostly because I need it.

RANT 1
It is NEVER appropriate to text your boss 20 minutes before you are supposed to be at work that you will not be on time and you are scheduled to open and it is your boss's day off. It is NEVER appropriate to then ignore your boss when she calls you repeatedly, while she is working for you. She just wants to know what happened. Sending her a text later saying that you are sorry you didn't get into work or have your phone on you all day is also NEVER appropriate. It is NEVER appropriate to text your boss 10 minutes after your shift started telling her that you will no longer be coming to work.

Since when did sending a text become appropriate means of communication especially when you are talking to your boss about your shifts? I'll tell you when, NEVER! Seriously come up with a good lie then call to tell it to me, texting me just proves that your lie is no good.

RANT 2
When the receipt says the return policy is 14 days that doesn't mean 15, 16 or 22 days. It's printed on the bottom of the receipt for a reason, because that's the policy, and who knew I didn't write it. It's not my fault your husband thinks you spent too much money on clothes that you can't afford. And yes, I am the manager.

RANT 3
The mall is no place for babies or (misbehaved) children for that matter. Don't you go shopping to enjoy yourself and treat yourself to something new? Why are you dragging your poor child with you through fitting rooms only to yell at them when they are acting out. Hello they are 3. 3-year-olds don't like the mall especially when you shop through lunch and their nap time. Surprisingly newborns don't like the mall either. Get a sitter and do yourself, but mostly me, a favor.

RANT 4
It is NEVER appropriate to down an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Half Baked while having a pity party and sobbing for 3 hours while watching P.S. I Love You. Seriously Les, at least have the decency to watch a comedy when you are down.

I'll be the first to admit my job is not brain surgery, but throw a girl a bone. I've been putting in some seriously long weeks and I don't need this. Thank God for good friends and family who are supporting me through this rough bout, I couldn't do it without you. You have no idea how amazing it is to see the people you care about the most pull through for you when you feel like you can't go on. The food, snacks, cards and constant encouragement are keeping me afloat right now. I know it will get better, I KNOW this is all part of the plan.

2 comments:

  1. I'm all for a good healthy rant. You know me. Hopefully things gets better. Fun weekends ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. in the words of tupac....
    you gotta keep ya head up.

    ReplyDelete