I have been waiting to blog about this FOREVER! My friend Holly hooked me up with some fabulous freelance work in June and then she wondered if I could help her our on a personal project for her office so of course I got excited. She sent me some links and her ideas and voilĂ !
That's by far my largest in scale project (about 2'x4') to date and the first canvas print I've done. I think it looks pretty amazing in her already adorable office, Pottery Barn you better come over for a photo shoot! The sign is based off of vintage bus rolls and tracks the life of both her and her hubs, which is so cute you could almost puke :) J/K Holly, it's really sweet and I can't wait to have my own someday! Here is a detailed image of the art since you can't really see the detail in the text photo.

The best part is that we did this for about 1/2 the price that other designers were willing to do the work, so take that ETSY! I also feel pretty special having something I "designed" up on someones wall, that's pretty cool, so thanks Holly! Who's next?
I think I'm next in line, right?! :) Loved this idea and cannot wait to have one of my own someday. Great job on this!
ReplyDeleteummm...i'm after nic! excellent work!
ReplyDeleteThat is really effing cool. How do you go about taking something from photoshop and getting it onto canvas? The clarity that you got was amazing - especially compared to my awful handwritten with paint pen jobs. I'd love to be able to either have the patience to stencil or figure out how to do prints like that to combine with the actual painting itself.
ReplyDelete"pppppffffert.... he's good." -Billy Madison
Um, I really wish I would have cleaned off my desk some more. But, it totally looks like I actually DO work in there, doesn't it? Seriously, it's the envy of all my friends and houseguests. And, when they ask me who did it, I will reply, "My friend. She's a DESIGNER. Pottery Barn begged for her but she had too many other opportunities so she had to pass it up."
ReplyDeletefantastic.
ReplyDeletei'd love to hear more about it at our next psd date.
you're so talented Les!
ReplyDelete