
I think the Wayans Brothers and Denzel Washington will be proud, from what I can see the merger between my high school of Southern Cal (Mustangs) and our neighbors to the north Rockwell City - Lytton (Wildcats) now has a name, logo and some colors to be identified with. Drum roll please ......... we are now the South Central Calhoun Titans. Hmmmmmm doesn't really roll of the tongue does it? Although I am not jazzed about the merger or the name I can handle the mascot. I will never identity with the Titan but I did love the Tennessee Titans back in the day so I think that is my main reason for acceptance. I also did a little research and was glad to see that we will only be the second high school in the state to become Titans, Lewis Central being the other.
As for the colors, SCH boasted a palate of Burgundy and Gray while RC-L currently rocks blue and white, together the Titans will be black, silver & purple, which I can also handle.
This whole concept is just so strange for me to think about, these were the kids we fought tooth and nail against growing up, they are dirty skanks for pete's sake, how can we ever go to school with them?! I say "we" like I actually live in Lake City, but I love my Mustangs and just don't know how a cheer like "S. Pump it up, Pump it up. C. H. Come on, come on. We chant, we cheer, we have no fear, the MUSTANGS are here!" is gonna sound when they yell "S. Pump it up, Pump it up. C. C. Come on, come on. We chant, we cheer, we have no fear, the Titians are here!". I also wonder where we will play football and basketball games at, I know LC got the high school so I assume there? Weird.
i've never been a fan of purple as a team color, but that's just me. the rest of it doesn't sound too bad...SCC Titans, fight, fight, fight!
ReplyDeletestill waiting to hear what is chosen for our school, although it has been announced that we are gonna share ALL sports, not just fb. :(
you can handle purple and silver??? really? I don't like it. I do like the Titans. I wish we could stay burgandy and gray. I bet the old Eagles said that about red and blue though! I wonder how coaches are going to be decided? And, I wonder who the first RC-L and LC-L hook-up will be in high school. Sleeping with the enemy, I tell you....
ReplyDelete