Sunday, January 3

Resolutions ... Er, Uh, I Mean Loose Commitments For 2010

2010 is here and I've never really made a New Year's resolution and I don't plan on starting this year, BUT there are some things that I hope to become more committed to this year. Here it goes...

Religion
It's no secret that my faith is important to me but I feel like I have been falling into the lazy Christian mold so I am trying to get out of the slump. I've been making it a habit to get to church on a regular basis and plan on keeping it up. Although Hope is a mega church here in the metro I really really REALLY like Pastor Mike Housholder, he is sarcastic and feels real when he talks, I always get a lot out of his sermons. All I know is he must be doing something right because I never have a problem sitting through the 90 minute service there. I also want to jump back into reading the Bible more, I've read most of it but it's the best book out there so I should probably brush up!

Reading
Seriously I need to get away from the trash on TV! I made a commitment to reading more this summer and need to get it back in gear. Also, please know that I DID finally finish "Are You There Vodka..."
Reads on my 2010 list include:
They Poured Fire On Us From The Sky, Benjamin Ajak, Benson Deng, Alephonsian Deng, and Judy Bernstein
Life Together, Dietrich Bonhoeffer
The Lovely Bones, Alice Sebold
The Screwtape Letters, C.S. Lewis
Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang, Chelsea Handler

Art
Oh, how thou hath fallen by the wayside.... I think that I got into a serious slump after I lost my job last year. I didn't go to art school for 5 years to not use this, so expect a lot more coming from my creative side!

Volunteerism
So many things that are too easy to do here in the metro. There is no excuse to not be volunteering somewhere so I AM going to make a point to find something that I am passionate about and start donating time, because at this point monetary donations just won't cut it! I really would like to rally a bunch of my friends, yes I am talking to you, to work on a project for a day or something, I will keep you all posted.

Health
Yes, I am going to do it, join a gym. Making calls on Monday. I really did feel great while I was running in September and there's only one way to get ready for DAM TO DAM, now all I need are some cute workout clothes and a hunk to spot my bench presses!

Spirit
Continuing along the path of positivity. There have been a lot of things that make me cynical but I have been trying my best to keep a positive outlook on things and know that I am on a path for a purpose. I hope 2010 will bring more maturity, less filth spewing from my mouth and progress in the speed in which I grant forgiveness.

I hope you all are making loose commitments too, I think they give us goals and keep us focused when we feel lost. Like I've been saying BRING IT 2010!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am reading "They poured fire on us from the sky". Not easy reading, I can take about 2 chapters at a time, not for the faint of heart. Your commitments look like something we should all look at doing. Love ya, M

    ReplyDelete