Monday, January 4

The Coolest Things Happen At B. Bro.

Sometimes cool but really lame things happen at B. Bro, today was a day for such an event. At the Brothers of Brooks we often do "charge sends", this is us mailing out a product to someone who probably couldn't find their size at another B. Bro. Easy concept right? I thought so. Today we sent some flannel pj's to a customer in Plano, TX. His name? Ross Perot. Yup, the actual Ross Perot, eat that up! Apparently it's supposed to get down to 17 degrees or something there and in some random act of God we got the phone call to overnight Ross some blue plaid flannel pj's. This is why I make a difference in people's lives, without me Ross would be cold. I hope this is the face Ross makes when he opens the package.
But Ross isn't the only celeb I've had contact with, I also helped Simon Estes one day look at bathrobes. He didn't buy one and I didn't ask him to sing ... and then I won $20.....
Finally we have this dude, Gale Harold. He was in Queer As Folk and more recently Desperate Housewives. Apparently while he was filming a movie called Fertile Ground he really needed some gray boxer briefs because that is what he purchased. I didn't even recognize him but my co-worker totally called him out and he was very annoyed, probably because she didn't know his real name and referred to him as, Brian, his character on Queer As Folk.
I am still waiting for Shawn John to bring in Mark Ballas or Gilles Marini, and I'll probably wait for a long time, but a girl's gotta dream right?!

3 comments:

  1. Fact: I waited on Simon Estes once at Hickory Park. Also - local news anchor John Bachman. And one time, Amy Smart touched my elbow on accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time I saw local weatherman Ed Wilson drunk at Liar's club. I've also helped Channel 8 anchors Kevin Cooney and Steve Carlin. And I was there with Amy she totally did touch your elbow I hope you haven't washed it since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my problem is i am HORRIBLE at recognizing people. especially local news people. if shawn ever comes in, i would like immediate txt notification.

    i crossed paths with cobi jones (soccer player) in the dallas airport. rick bayless walked by my table one time in his restaurant. i believe i sold jordans to a some of dsm's finest drug purveyors. and barack put his arm around me for a picture one time.

    ReplyDelete