I haven't purchased a pair of running shoes in oh, 7 years and my feet have let me know it was time to go get a new pair. Based on suggestions by several friends I hit up Fitness Sports today, which by the way boasts a staff of male hotties, it was a pleasure shopping there let me tell you. Anyway after a proper foot analysis I began trying on shoes and it was suggested to me to run the Principal Financial Group 5k Road Race that accompanies the Des Moines Marathon. After investigation I think that N and I are going to sign up! I mean I bought new shoes and a slew of cute workout attire today so I really feel like I have no choice, well that and I told N that I'd do this 5k thing and I hate backing out of a promise. The 5k starts at 8:30 on the 18th of October and my only hope is to finish before Ash wraps up her half-marathon that day, fingers crossed!
What did I purchase for my feet you ask? Well I am taking my first spin on a pair of Saucony's, the Progrid Ride 2's more specifically.
Typically I have adorned New Balances or Nikes, and by typically I mean back in high school, but these shoes were super comfy and lightweight so I'll give them a shot. Hopefully they will cut 2 minutes of my mile splits and give me the superpower to finish this whole situation without falling apart!
No comments:
Post a Comment