Thursday, August 27

Let's Talk About L-O-V-E

Good God, I get it I'm single! Bah! I'm sure all you singles will know exactly what I'm talking about here. I seriously had one of those days where I felt like a loser for not having a significant other. No it wasn't the hot and steamy action on "make-out escalator", that's more humorous than anything ... in fact I get a little excited for it now. It was more of the combination of something my dear sweet mother said (and yes mom, I know what you meant but this is adding comedic value to my blog, so bear with me) and Facebook harassment.

Let's begin with the mom comment. While discussing how happy my friend Ash is with her new husband my mom says, "I saw Ashley today, she looks so happy! I just can't believe that she is married ...*insert quiet pause filled with longing for Leslie to find a decent man that her father accepts of and will reproduce with her*... and you're, you're going to school *insert sigh and feeling of 'I'm glad you're going to school, but why can't you find a man?'*." Now I know my mom was really saying how exciting it is for both of us to move on to new phases in our lives, but it sure didn't sound that way ;)

Then I come home and check my Facebook and I am assaulted with these ads:
Look, Facebook I don't need you choosing men for me ok, I've got this under control sheesh! And people wonder how someone ends up as a crazy cat lady. I honestly considered hitting "Like" on these just so everyone could judge me in their "News Feeds".












Finally, this is something I am seriously considering applying for. There is the She Said/She Said column in Juice and apparently Olivia is leaving the column and they are looking for her replacement. I mean I've made almost every mistake you can with men, so I think I'd be perfect for it.

At the end of the day I just have to laugh and continue on my single way, at least Dane Cook can make me feel better!

Dane Cook - "Relationshits"

No comments:

Post a Comment