11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
------------------------------------------------------------
I am not really worried at all about my Tuesday night class, Foundations of Education, my professor was easy to communicate with and after I heard we will always get out an hour earlier than scheduled due to a 40 hour practicum I was sold. I also am excited to spend some time in a classroom to get a little affirmation that this is where I should be headed in my life. I think the frustrating class will be my Wednesday night class, Educational Psychology. I am already not happy about being there because I am now missing out on volleyball but the minute my professor broke out her xylophone in order to gain the attention of 20 adults I was ready to walk, she proceeded to use this obnoxious method to break us away from several group discussions as well, so I need to figure out some way to break it without her noticing it was me, let me know if you have any ideas.Well this was quite a week, I started grad school. As I walked into to my first class at Drake on Tuesday night I couldn't believe that I was actually nervous, it felt like my first day at ISU all over again, so weird. I can already tell that this whole process is going to take some getting used to. Yes, I've only been out of school for a little over a year but I was used to sitting in a drawing class for 4 hours with my iPod on, and this round I will be sitting in a classroom listening to lecture for 4 hours, it was a struggle to say the least. But I am excited. I am excited to re-engage my brain after the last year of having my neurons fire at half speed, I am excited to learn something new and I am excited at the thought of getting my very own classroom to teach in one day. I really don't know if this is a step in the right direction, but it is definitely a leap of faith (refer to above verse).
In other "school" news, I made a trek up to my old stomping grounds tonight to meet up with a friend for dinner. I can honestly say I miss Ames a lot. Don't get me wrong I love Des Moines, but I think I will always have a soft spot for Ames. I can't believe how much has changed since I moved! There's a new bowling alley, some crazy sweet building on South Dakota that no one seems to know about, Battle's closed & Peoples turned into Papa's Corner and now apparently it's called Headliners. As long as Cy's Roost, Sips, HP & Stomping Grounds never change, I will be ok, but the day those places switch up I just might cry. I did get a chance to see some freshman (the ISU lanyard dangling from one of their pockets was a dead giveaway) and I was shocked to see how young they were. I know I did not look like that ... I think it was more like this ... Sexy can I?!With my collegiate partner in crime, Britt, going out to MoJazz, those were the days
Hitting up a free Lucky Boys show in Iowa City. Probably the longest my hair has ever been, and I kinda miss the nose ring



No comments:
Post a Comment