Sunday, August 23

The Best Kind Of Gift

After a long weekend away from my partner in crime, N, I was greeted by her and the most fabulously awesome birthday gift ever! N totally hit it out of the park and got me a FEED bag, and I couldn't be more excited! If you haven't heard about the FEED project you need to get yourself acquainted with it. Essentially FEED uses the profits from their products, mainly burlap and organic cotton bags, to feed children in developing countries. So not only did I receive a ridiculously sweet bag that I can use at a million different places, but N's purchase also provided 100 school lunches for children in Rwanda, how cool is that?!

Here are some alarming statistics surrounding world hunger, makes you think twice when you stuff yourself silly, or throw away a ton of unused produce.

- Hunger and malnutrition kill more people than AIDS, malaria & TB combined

- Every six seconds a child dies from hunger

- When boys and girls are given a free, nutritious meal in school, research has shown that attendance increases 100% and performance improves greatly

I encourage you to think about the next gift you are going to purchase for someone and investigate giving them something that gives to someone else too. Here's a pict of my sweet new bag that also folds up into a cute little pouch, thanks N and the children in Rwanda thank you too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment