Sunday, August 23

Goodbye Old Friend

Today was a sad day for me as I said my final farewell to a good friend. Today, I decided to give up my favorite pair of jeans.

You may think that I am being a bit dramatic, but these jeans and I have been through a lot together, and I really am bummed about getting rid of them. I got these Silver's back in my sophomore year of High School, yes you read correctly, High School. If you do the math they have been around for almost 10 years, 10 years! These pants were the pants I threw on because they felt like sweats, the holes were real, and they were best worn with a hooded sweatshirt and flip-flops. I can even remember how I got the holes, from falling off the Cy-Ride bus during the Spring of my 5th year at ISU, the other from snagging them on someones track spikes at a meet, it truly is a sad day. Yes I love designer jeans and have been known to spend a sick amount on the self proclaimed "husband finding pants", but these Silver's were in a league of their own, they will not be forgotten.

I knew things were looking bad, but the final straw hit when we were riding home from the Blink-182 concert last week and as I crossed my legs the butt ripped out, not necessarily a self-esteem builder, but that was overshadowed with the realization that I would no longer be able to wear my favorite pants. So here is a proper farewell to the Silver's that have treated me so well, you maybe gone but there will always be a special place for you in my closet!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha.....

    Sad story, but I laughed out loud at the no-nonsense way you put the last straw: "but then the butt blew out, so.... there that is."
    ...Classic.

    ReplyDelete