One thing I really look forward to every year is my family reunion, and this year will be no exception. I was making a quick invite for the event last night, which takes place Labor Day weekend and I had to take a second to really absorb what I was typing. This year at the reunion we will be celebrating my grandparent's 90th birthdays, my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary, another aunt and uncle's 45th wedding anniversary & my uncle Neil and my pop's 60th birthdays.WOW. Are you kidding me? I can't believe John & Mary will be 90, there is no way they are that old! I am thankful that Gramps is hanging in there, this summer has been a real tough one for him. Gordy & Jeannie 50 years together? They got married when they were 15 & 16 (no lie) and they are still in love, probably more than ever, they along with Vaughn & Sherry (celebrating 45 years), and they rest of my fam including my parents (31 years this fall) are living proof that good marriages still exist. I still can't wrap my head around the idea of my dad turning 60 either. I remember his 50th bash like it was yesterday, I can't believe 10 years have passed! I am so lucky to have this family behind me.
Unfortunately my 25th birthday did not make the cut on the celebration list. Damn. I am the youngest of all the grandkids with my cousin Brett at the top of the list somewhere around age 48? We are a huge wide-spread family and I can't wait to see everyone, the 2 day celebration will be one to remember!
No comments:
Post a Comment