Phoenix + Dirty Projectors + Parachute
I downloaded Phoenix's newest album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix about a month and a half ago after reading about them in Rolling Stone and lately B-Bob has been talking about their song 1901 so I was inspired to post them up here, they are definitely "Worth A Listen". I am not opposed to 1901 but I really am a fan of Lisztomania myself. Yeah they are a bit pop, but I'm ok with that, these boys will be close in September performing at the Slowdown in Omaha.
Then we have Dirty Projectors. I have seen these guys all over Spin & Pitchfork lately so I gave them a shot and grabbed myself a free download too. Very Indie. Very Abstract. Very Cool. I had to give Stillness Is The Move a couple listens before I really got it, and yeah it's definitely something that I won't listen to all the time, but I still dig.
I also bought Parachute's album Losing Sleep a month ago off iTunes, and like I've said before I don't often purchase music, so you know I really like these guys, plus I think I paid $6 for it. These guys have a really mainstream sound and of course I have gravitated to the lovey-dovey girls are awesome song She Is Love, it's cute what can I say? The album has 2 versions and I personally like the acoustic version better, LW go ahead and add this to PD '09 please, also really like the song All That I Am.
She Is Love
All That I Am
No comments:
Post a Comment