I've been all over the board in the downloading over the last few weeks and in all honesty can't remember how I stumbled across these guys, but I am so glad I did, I think I was adding some more Architecture in Helsinki to my playlist and iTunes suggested them to me, anyway I'm getting to the point that I am loving TV on the Radio. These guys are from Brooklyn and their latest album, that I am listening to now Dear Science was SPIN magazine's No. #1 Album pick for 2008, click here for the great article about the boys. I love the electro-experimental-indie-whatever sound they have sound, I can't describe it, but it's like Prince+Radiohead+David Bowie+YYY. It's catchy and funky and makes me want more and more, so I call it good stuff. My faves so far are Golden Age and Wolf Like Me.Love this line from Golden Age:
Give it up
'stead of grabbing for decay
What we viewed as gold
I believe pollutes this space
And its grace ascending
Like a snake up your tree
Up your happy ending understanding
All your s'pposed to be
No comments:
Post a Comment