I've been working on a lot of hand lettering lately, eventually I want to create an alphabet print, I know it's going to take me forever considering my penmanship is absolutely terrible. Mostly I've been working my rough sketches in Sharpie, I am going to start messing around more with my pen nibs and india ink though.

Ed Fella (top left) is one of my favorite designers, he is currently teaching at CalArts and does tons of hand lettering and he works in 4 color Bic pens which is awesome. He and one of my other faves
Milton Glaser (bottom left and original designer of I ♥ NY logo) consistently use illustrated elements in their works. I think too often designers depend on their machines to do the work and forget about making something truly original. I'm not saying that there aren't some hella talented computer artists out there, but I just love integrating hand work into digital media.
No comments:
Post a Comment