Monday, June 22

Invited

I've recently started following 100 Layer Cake, a blog devoted to all things wedding. Now don't go thinking I'm getting married or anything, but it seems as if the majority of my friends are and sometimes they ask me to make them these crazy things called wedding invitations, so I usually dig around all my design sites to gain some insight and inspiration before I hit the CS3, this is how I stumbled across the great blog. 100 Layer Cake is absolutely fabulous, they post colorboards and tons of pictures from especially unique weddings that typically make me very jealous.

Anywho, today I saw this invite and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the concept, not to mention the execution all the way to having it screenprinted. I dug a little deeper and see that the groom is Matt Dorfman a graphic designer and illustrator based out of NYC who does a lot of editorial design for the NY Times. Matt's sketchbook excerpts on his site are out of this world, I'll post a sample below as well. I really dig this guy and might just have to go get myself a new sketch book now ... right this very moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment