Wednesday, October 26

I Said Hello To My Future

It's been a week and 3 days since I said, "Yes!" to the love of my life G, and 7 months from today I get to say, "I Do". G asked me to marry him while we were on a hike with our Willy dog at Ledges State Park outside of Boone. We had been taking in the scenery and loving every second of watching Willy go crazy on the trails, I was taking a picture when I heard, "hey, turn around I've got a question for ya" and then I was asked such a special question from the most amazing man. I never want to forget that moment on Table Rock because it was then I made a huge (and easy) choice. I said hello to my future in that moment. I saw G and me and our kids and us getting old and I wanted it all. I am so blessed to have him in my life.

G and I met online and it took just a few dates for me to know he was the one (even if our first meeting was short and sweet and I hung up on him on the phone haha). We fell in love over movies on his couch, songs in the car and walks with our dog and we fall more in love every day, and it is wonderful.

The support and well wishes we have received are insane. I sat in my room one night my eyes full of tears because I felt so loved by so many people. The planning is crazy, and when I try to imagine it all fitting together I can't picture it so I remind myself that the most important part of it all is God. Without God I never would have found a man like G, and without Him in our relationship we would be so much weaker. So today I remember to thank God not only for G but for all of my wonderful friends and family, for all the encouragement and support and I am looking forward to a future with the man of my dreams.

3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Happy for you both. I had a dream the other night that we were carpooling over to Iowa City for a football game. It was such a great time, probably the best time ever. Weird. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Leslie! I am truly so excited for you and G... and Willy : )

    ReplyDelete