Thursday (14) : I was counting the seconds to 6pm. As soon as I left work I felt a weight lift from my shoulders and I knew it was game time. G picked me up and we headed with the pooch to Clarion to spend the night with his fam. I grossed him out with my can of salt and vinegar Pringles and attacked a bag of Flipz from Nic on the ride up. Within seconds of entering G's parent's home Willy left his mark on a plant (great this is going to be along week for the pooch). We got to spend a little time with G's niece and nephew and read them goodnight stories, then we both crashed.
Friday (15) : To the North Shore we went! I refused to say goodbye to my pooch because I knew I would cry so we bolted and left the pup with G's fam for a few days. Our primary focus of this trip was to attend the wedding of some very good friend's of G's. They were getting married on Lake Superior and we were all staying at some cottages together. The trip went great until we hit Owatonna then BAM downpour 1, the rain was so heavy and I had to pee sooo bad that I made G stop at Cabela's. The storm lightened then wailed again as we hit the St. Paul area. At times we had to almost stop to cross water. As the co-pilot it was my duty to nap (G was not thrilled) but we made it north of the cities for lunch before BAM storm 3 pelted us. Finally about an hour north of the cities the sun came out and we were in for much better weather. We arrived at our cottage with all of Greg's friends and got the party started with a great cookout and more than a few beverages. It was a beautiful night on the lake.
Saturday (16) : G and I headed into the town of Two Harbors where we saw this gem.
Um creepy. All I know is that he isn't wearing pants and the glowing eyes didn't necessarily beg me stay and eat at the restaurant/motel he stood outside of. We had a great breakfast and roamed around town before hanging out at our cottage and attending the wedding. It was beautiful and the ceremony made me tear up twice. We had a great time and looked pretty great too!
Sunday (17): After a big breakfast we said our goodbyes and headed back into Two Harbors to check out a lighthouse we saw some signs for the day before. Unfortunately it was super foggy and hot that day so we didn't see the run down shack until we were there, but we had fun along the way! After Two Harbors we headed down to spend the day in Duluth. It was so hot there that G and I were having a hard time having fun. But we saw some sweet old ships, the aerial lift bridge in action, climbed the observatory tower at Enger Park and sat on a great little rocky spot on the lake. I had a great time telling G about my family vacation to the area over 10 years ago and we hit up most of the same spots as my family did. It was just as fun the 2nd time around.
Foggy day in Two Harbors
I'm King of the world!
Ship leaving the harbor in Duluth
Aerial lift bridge in action
I think you've all gotten this face before, G is no exception :)
View from the Enger Park observatory late afternoon, still foggy
Love in Duluth :)
He almost pushed it in, I swear
To be continued ...

sounds like fun!
ReplyDeletelove your pictures!
ReplyDelete