Maybe I over estimate my physical abilities, which I think are quite limited in the first place. I started my Dam to Dam training on Monday. Can I even say that? I should say, I actually went to the gym and got my butt whipped Monday. Nic and I went to yoga and we were worked over hard. I was a hot mess when it came to half moon and spent a fair amount of time catching my breath in down dog.
So what does a sensible girl do after such a strenuous class? Duh, hit the treadmill. This is where Les should have dialed it back. Not only was the 2.5 mile goal overly ambitious but I felt like knocking a solid 40 seconds off my typical (slow) pace. Stupid. About 2 miles in I was spent. Panting, sweating and mostly defeated I moped over to the mat to wait for Nic "Speed Racer" to finish her run. I can't lie I felt like crap. Runner's high? Yeah, rarely get one of those. At one point I decided I needed some spandex-clad tanned girl with perfect hair and makeup next to me for inspiration but then I decided that would only worsen my mood. Yes it was my first venture back into somewhat regular exercise but I just think my body should be able to handle more.
I awoke Tuesday almost immobile. Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration but I was super sore to say the least. Yes I got what I deserved but seriously could anything be less motivating? I decided to "listen to my body" *read be lazy and skip the day's run* and managed to get out of bed and to work by 1. Then I pulled a typical graceful Les move and tripped and fell into the window at the store. It was one of those slow motion falls that made me feel like and ogre and I thumped down hard on my thigh. As I landed I thought, "well that's gonna leave a mark". And boy did it. I awoke feeling motivated Wednesday morning until I set my left foot on the ground and about went to my knees. When I looked down I was sporting this sexy look:
Way to go killer, you just mutilated your thigh with your clumsy tumble. I rolled back into bed feeling even more defeated. Basically this training isn't starting as smoothly as I hoped it would and I need to find some serious motivation. Tomorrow is another day and I think I'll stick to pants until this bruise disappears. Let's just say this look is looking a little distant right now :)


Give yourself a break and a little more credit - you did great! It would've been really easy to head towards the car, instead of upstairs for some cardio. Keep up the good work. It'll get better, I promise :)
ReplyDeleteit may have been rough (and it sounds like it was) but it was a START!
ReplyDeletenice job.
the first step is the hardest.
Alexa told me about your blog and I am glad that I found it... it is hilarious! It's fun to hear what you are up to!
ReplyDeleteLove
Lizz