12 weeks my friends. That's the time frame until the 2011 Dam to Dam and my Dam friend Ashley seems to have talked me into it again. General feelings toward my 2011 commitment, UGH. Last year I had been running a decent amount by this stage of the game but took of the month of May before attacking the 12.2 mile race, this year will be a start from scratch kind of situation. I've found a schedule that seems more appropriate to my running style as compared to last year so that is a good start. I also have that Nike video to keep me motivated. Thinking I had better get myself registered for that Drake 8K race too, that was a great one last year.
My goal for 2011 is to get under that 2 hour mark. It will be a challenge as I will have to clip off about 13 minutes from last year's time and get my splits to just under the 10 minute mark, but
I think I can I
know I can do it! Miss Ashley ran it in 1:48 in 2009 so I expect her to kick my booty this year because let's face it taking 30 minutes off my time might be a little overzealous ;)
So here we go, the playlist is taking shape and a trip to Scheels might be in order, Team Hot Sundae who's with me?!
hmmm...i don't know if i can commit, let me ponder it.
ReplyDeletein like flint.
ReplyDeleteand planning on the half on drake relays so i'll see ya there!