Friday, March 4

Living Social

As I transition into a more "fiscally responsible" lifestyle this year I have become acutely aware of the cost of entertainment. I can't deny that I love good food and I love good fun but I have realized it comes with a sometimes steep price even here in DSM. Knowing that cutting out dining out is an unrealistic option in my life I decided it was time to jump on this LivingSocial/Groupon train. I've been watching deals for weeks and told myself not to buy anything just because it was a good deal but to buy deals that I would actually use and were worth the purchase. Today I made my first, ok make that two, purchases!

I nabbed $30 worth of food and drink at Maxie's on Grand for only $15 and two movie tickets for $9. Although we will probably drop more than $30 on food and drinks I still saved $24 on a realistic date night and I am pretty jazzed to use my deals. Me, frugal? Maybe so!

3 comments:

  1. think we're addicted to living social/groupon. we've purchased a new deal at least once a week since it came out.
    haven't researched it yet, but hoping we've saving money rather than eating out more due to the deals, which will end up costing more.
    oh well, it's fun! and i'm sure g-money is on board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just jumped on that train too! The best part is you can keep printing them out forever, and the coupons are usually valid for about six months!

    ReplyDelete