Wow. I can't believe it's twenty-eleven! I had to write it that way because I am approaching this millennium with the "twenty" mentality. I think it's funny when people use two-thousand-eleven because in 1911 you would have said nineteen-eleven not one-thousand-nine-hundred-eleven, right? I digress. And please forgive my hyphen usage as I am sure it is incorrect and some of you are wincing at my writings. Anywho, it's twenty-eleven! Twenty-ten was a year marked with great trips to places like Mexico, Las Vegas and a camping adventure to Wisconsin. Twenty-ten brought me inspiring music from Broken Bells, Sleigh Bells, Ellie Goulding, The Black Keys and Hoodie Allen. Twenty-ten brought the loss of one of the greatest men placed on this Earth, my Gramps and Twenty-ten was overall a huge year of reflection and personal growth.
This year I decided to take control of my attitude and become more positive. This year I took a chance on a new job. This year I took a chance with *gasp* on-line dating (yes, I haven't blogged about it BUT I've done it and it seems to be working out pretty well for the moment). This year I gave up and became re-addicted to Starbucks & this year I realized how important good people in my life are.
I am not perfect. I make mistakes. I eat crappy food, I swear too much, I can be painfully lazy & and I over analyze but I am me, and I love me. My hopes for twenty-eleven aren't high and I am perfectly okay with that. I hope my friendships remain strong with my friends and I continue to grow closer with my family and in my faith. I hope that I can find happiness in the little things, because the big stuff just doesn't matter that much. I am starting my year off with a spending freeze. No personal shopping and no excessive eating out. I am looking to simplify and to cut back.
The last few weeks have been pure joy in my life and I can only hope that you all experience joy in this coming year. Much love to you all!! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment