Sunday, January 23

Frozen: Week 3

Wow, almost half way done! This was a week of mild successes and minor failures, but that is to be expected. I went back to the food court. I know, I know. It started when S & Nic had Monday off, so I met them for Chick-Fil-A. We all agreed that it was a date so it didn't count. But then I went back on Thursday I think, and I had a pretzel too this week. I also think Mr. Jimmy John might have made an appearance. Dangit. BUT I am determined to get back on track this week! But there is good news on the shopping front! I made it yet another week without buying anything clothing related :) It's starting to feel good, I can't lie! I was a little fussy on Friday and went down to Scheels only to find my favorite Nike athletic tops on sale for $20 off their regular price. I literally stood at the brightly colored wall for over 10 minutes in a heated debate with myself on the purchase of one of them. A quick text to Nic and some self control proved to be what I needed and I did walk out empty handed. My rationale? "Les, get serious buying that pink shirt isn't going to make you go to the gym any more than the black one is in your laundry at home." So while I wasn't perfect I am beating this and for that I am thankful ... and so is my checking account!

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you! It's hard for me not to buy all the cute things I see when I'm out. I can only imagine how tough it is for you to work in a store full of temptation. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rah-rah-Rah, way to go Babe, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pink shirt/black shirt reasoning made me laugh.
    Good work!

    ReplyDelete