Thursday, December 2

Grammy Nods

I don't know why I even looked at the site because as usual I am less than impressed with the Grammy nods this year. I was completely uninterested in the list until I hit category 16

"Best Rock Performance By A Group Or Duo With Vocals"

Ready to Start - Arcade Fire
I Put a Spell on You - Jeff Beck & Joss Stone
Tighten Up - The Black Keys
Radioactive - Kings of Leon
Resistance - Muse

Typically I'd say toughie on that with competitors like Arcade Fire, The Black Keys and Muse but my boys from Akron easily walk away with that win when comparing tracks.

Then I was bored again until category 22
"Best Alternative Music Album"
The Suburbs - Arcade Fire
Infinite Arms - Band of Horses
Brothers - The Black Keys
Broken Bells - Broken Bells
Contra - Vampire Weekend

This one is TOUGH! Man, I have each of these albums and gave each a solid listen for a good portion of this year. My winner is going to have to be Broken Bells though. Even though Black Keys gave me the concert of a lifetime this year front to back Broken Bells rocked me more.

And that's all that I found noteworthy in 109 categories. Don't think I'll be watching this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment