Sunday, November 7

Jesus, Bob Vila and Me

You might be asking yourself what the three of us all have in common. Well, that's simple we are all carpenters! At least I feel like one after my assembly project today. I took a trip with some family to Minneapolis this weekend (to be recounted after I mentally recover) and we made it to IKEA. While there I decided to bite the bullet and buy a few things for my room. I've decided I need to start making my room feel a bit more like home and definitely needed a few essentials. Here's what I nabbed:

Kullen 3 Drawer Chest - $39
I haven't had a nightstand in years and finally made a commitment, just ask Nic this search has lasted a solid two years. It's a little larger than a standard nightstand but it will give me some good storage and matches my bedroom set. IKEA assembles 0% of their products and I put this bad boy together all by myself when I got home tonight. There are no labels and only line drawings for instructions but I got it all done and am loving it!

Orgel Lamp - $10
New nightstand needed a lamp on it. This one was a great price and keeps with the modern lines of my furniture while picking up some organic feel with the paper shade.
Kajsastina Fabric - $6.99/yard
Thankfully our townhome supplied us with mini-blinds but unfortunately they do nothing in terms of room darkening and even less in terms of aesthetic appeal. While roaming IKEA's design spaces I saw that they had used some of their heavier cotton/poly fabrics as window covering panels and thought it was genius! Since I can't paint in my room I think this bold yet simple and organic print will add something special to my large light sources behind my bed. I'm going to attempt a no-sew approach with this fabric to make curtains and then plan on hanging the panels from this rod and hook set.

I also scoped out a chair for the book nook I want to finish and have a few more ideas including getting some more fabric to hang a little panel like this so I can partition off my desk area. I'd also like a rug and bench for the end of my bed. Check back near the end of the week and hopefully I will have some pictures to share!

3 comments:

  1. I heart that lamp. You really rocked the shopping. Ha ha ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who's that creeper guy with the baby?

    otherwise, the purchases look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is the girl who said, "you ROCKED the shopping"??? She sucks. Who says that?

    Anywho, have you checked out "Things" on Douglas? It's a gift shop but it's attached to a consignment shop - some of it is crap but some of it is good stuff and could be revamped. There were some very cool chairs- that could be painted or reupholstered. Tell me when you want to check it out. It's not amazing or anything, but one person's trash is another person's treasure, you know?
    Just rocked your comment section.

    ReplyDelete