Monday, November 22

Fun at Work

This is where I LOVE my job. I can't lie I am really settling into this whole gig and I am beginning to love Fran's a bit more every day. Here's why:

- Merchandising -
Everyday I create my store. I get compliments on my outfit selections for my mannequins, I have complete creative freedom and have a giant "workspace" to play around in.

-People-
I don't sit down at a desk and stare at a computer screen (not that there's anything wrong with that) I move all day, talk to tons of different people and time usually goes pretty fast.

-Business-
I am learning SO much about managing a business and people. I never really had an interest in it before this job but I am beginning to become fascinated with numbers, selling strategies & most importantly people. I love every single one of my girls and they really mean something to me. I know what it's like to have a boss that doesn't care, and I refuse to become one.

Anyway, here are my big creative tasks that I overcame this week. The holiday windows and chalkboard easel for a big fat company wide contest. I can honestly say that I use my college degree a ton this week, "amen!" I say as I write a giant student loan check out. Without my schooling on balance, color, white space and some fine art skills this work would have been so much harder for me. Also got an excited call from my boss on how stellar she thought my window was, that didn't hurt either ;) For someone who has never had experience in merchandising I probably spent a solid 15 hours on this baby from choosing the outfits, dressing the manni's, choosing products, glittering postcards, wrapping gifts & making bows and putting it all together, only for it to be ripped apart as we sell it all! At least my "installations" make someone money!

3 comments:

  1. cool!! Always nice to use those degrees... Awesome that you got some kudos on your work, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your windows are bangin'.

    they make me want to jump in and hang out with those 'friends'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, everything looks awesome! What a departure from the Victoria's Secret Brand Guide (only not really because we never had half the stuff called for in BG)
    I also understand the part about business, numbers and people. I have that in my current job, but I also miss being a sales lead! And I miss you.

    ReplyDelete