So John Legend and The Roots have combined forces on this amazing 60's soul inspired album called Wake Up. My friend Nikki (not to be confused with N) introduced me to John in college and I've been pretty much obsessed ever since. John and The Roots covered Arcade Fire's tune Wake Up and now I'm loving on both versions and loving John even more. I'm also posting up the 11 minute jam session I Can't Write Left Handed from Wake Up, I know JW will be annoyed at both the length and amount of jamming but just head over to the 7:08 or the 8:57 mark for some amazingness ok.
Let's just say I've purchased the album based on those two tunes alone.
you know me well my friend.
ReplyDeletethe dude has a great voice. and i dig that cover, but there's no way i can handle 12 minutes. i made it almost to 6 before clicking off.