Thursday, August 26

Don't Judge Me

I'm going to start this by saying, "Give me a break I'm a girl and this is what a girl does" and then I am going to say, "I'm not ashamed to say I think about this". That being said I love thinking about the wedding I will one day (fingers crossed) be 1/2 of or weddings in general. I faithfully read an amazing wedding blog called 100 Layer Cake and I always want to look at wedding magazines. I think there is something so amazing about the concept of marriage. I'm not sure if it's the thought of finding that "1 person" that feels the same way about you or just the thought of committing to something for the rest of your life, but for me marriage is serious business. Here are a few of my thoughts on the topic, some of which I am sure will cause some chatter, but isn't it great how we can have our own opinions? Please note I think we should all have own own views on the topic, and these are solely mine.

Marriage is between God, a woman and a man
Ephesians 5:23-32 paints a pretty clear picture for me of this relationship and I see the Bible as the Word of God and the Truth so I'll stick with it. I often reference this thought when I talk about gay marriage. Personally I think the word marriage should be reserved for those heterosexual couples whom are believers in Christ. That being said I also think homosexual couples should be entitled to all of the rights that heterosexual couples receive when they marry. I think the US should change all of the verbiage to "Civil Union" regardless of what sexes are entering into it and that the word marriage is saved for religious purposes. To me this seems like an easy fix to all of the controversy surrounding the subject because I also believe there are plenty of straight couples out there that the term "marriage" should not apply to. Whew that was a controversial paragraph huh?

Big weddings are a waste
I can think of a million better ways to spend some cash. Although seeing lavish parties is intriguing it's also incredibly wasteful in my eyes and I don't think I will ever spend tens of thousands of dollars on my wedding. I see plenty of photos of beautiful weddings that are done inexpensively and I'll take the money to the bank or charity instead.

Bridesmaids are silly
I have had the honor of being a bridesmaid in several weddings thus far and I seriously couldn't imagine not being in any of them but I also have seen some craziness in the bridesmaid world and think that my list of ladies will be short. You will not wear $200 dresses and if you don't want your hair done I don't care. I won't invite you to 5 showers and I won't boss you around, I promise. I also hope that you guys don't want to beat the shit out of each other at any point in time :) I've also thought about skipping bridesmaids all together. My girls know I love them and choosing between them would be terrible so I say skip it!

Things I will spend $$ on
My dress, the photographer, invites and cupcakes. I could care less about the rest.

Things I love
I am inspired by all of this.....
Record-like invites, I think this is amazing. Not necessarily what I want but amazing!

Brown paper bag invites. Definitely more me.

Is this handwriting not AMAZING?!

I don't play Scrabble on the regular but love this idea if I did.

Tuxes are gross, so are matching dresses (strictly my opinion!)

Happy friends are a must, as are vintage linens, chalkboards, jars and wild flowers ...

My bestie Ash had her amazing rehearsal dinner in her grandparents AMAZING barn, I want to get married in one and party there too!

Need I say anything about the cake on the left?

I love vintage, especially in hair and neckwear

These colors are perfect, and I don't usually like purple

The best? An engagement photoshoot inspired by the movie "Up". LOVE IT!!

Now, about that man ....

3 comments:

  1. although it seems crazy, i totally understand thinking about it.
    some cool ideas! and i completely agree about having better things to put money towards when you start a new life with someone.
    also, candles in a barnful of hay seems like a bad idea. those cakes are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with everything you put here.
    But I"m not sure tuxes are gross. Vomit is gross. Anchovies are gross. Frogs are gross. I'm not entirely certain that I put tuxes in the same category.
    That being said, to each their own.
    Also, I won't feel bad if you don't choose me to be a bridesmaid. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your wedding will be absolutely perfect! loved all your ideas.

    ReplyDelete