Tuesday, July 6

Live in Faith Not Fear

After many conversations over the past few days with good friends I've decided it's time to take a new approach. I often live in "fear". Fear that I will always work in the mall, never find a good man, that if I do find a good man I won't be able to have kids, that my grandparents will never get to meet my family etc. I fear bad news, heartbreak, loss and emptiness but the truth of the matter is that none of that will ever go away for any of us. Our lives will always be filled with adversity and when we try to control that adversity we become discouraged. When I try to force life it becomes harder and I see the same things in my friends and those I love. It's time to let faith steer my life. Faith that through the bad will come good, through the loss will come new life and through heartbreak we will become stronger. Faith that there is a plan greater than I can imagine and that someone else is steering this course for me.

Letting go of fear is hard, because I know more than anyone else that I am a control freak but trying to control my destiny hasn't worked so far it's only added pressure and stress. We weren't put in this life to be comfortable and we weren't promised it was going to be easy but we were promised eternal life through Him and I think that's one hell of a promise. I guess what I am getting at is it's time to "Let Go and Let God", because I am tired of trying things my way, I encourage you to do the same. If the Big Guy isn't your cup of tea, that's cool, enjoy some Incubus instead :)

"Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear. And I can't help but ask myself how much I let the fear take the wheel and steer."

No comments:

Post a Comment