Friday: Put in a half day and ran errands with Nic all afternoon. We hit the jackpot at HyVee and got a 2fer with both Carlos and Cute Low-Rise Pants Boy there and we also hit a stellar deal at Beauty Brands by snagging some hairspray for $6.98 (thanks for the heads up S!) and our soy oil hair stuff for half off too! We wrapped up Friday by having some friends over to watch the UNI game and enjoyed some delicious new appetizers too. Although the outcome of the game was not what we had hoped for, it was still nice to enjoy some competitive spirit!
Saturday: Nic, Jake and I laced up our running shoes and headed over to Pleasant Hill to run a Rebuild Haiti 5k. It was originally supposed to be at Gray's Lake but due to the flooding it was moved to Copper Creek. I'll just say it was not a great run for me, the best part was the muffin I enjoyed after everything was said and done! After the race Nic and I parked on the couch and watched How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days then headed over to our friend Erin's for a get-together and rounded out the night early after grabbing a bite at Red Robin.
Sunday: This was a big day! I impulsively signed up for the Friendly Sons Of St. Patrick 10k as well this week and once again Nic, Jake and I laced up our running shoes along with Stacy and Jared and Kyle and Sarah. This is the furthest I have run in a LONG time and I was pretty nervous, especially after washing my iPod with my track jacket from the day previous. But Nic let me borrow her pod while she ran and chatted with Jake and we all finished and I was glad to get that roadblock out of the way as Dam 2 Dam nears. I finished just over my goal time of 1 hour with a final time of 1:01:33 and held a pace of just under my usual goal of 10 minute miles at 9:54 so that was an accomplishment in itself! I will say I am nervous about running twice as far but I know I can do it! Nic and I then settled in again on the couches and watched the Tennesee vs. Michigan St. game and ended up with our usual Sunday Funday routine by having dinner with Stace and Jared as well as Lucas.
So it was a good weekend. I got a lot of running in (which needs to be happening more if I want to finish Dam 2 Dam) and was able to relax as well. Cross your fingers for some interview action at Drake this week as I am sending in some additional work samples tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment