Tuesday, March 30

3rd Gen

This weekend I did a very stupid thing. I washed my iPod with my laundry. That sneaky little shuffle failed to alert me as I threw my track jacket into the wash and all efforts to revive him have failed. So today I had to go and buy my 3rd iPod, and I was unhappy about it. I no longer need the space offered by the 20G models and I just wanted my little Product [RED] guy back but NO, Apple had to go and update the model. I really wouldn't care but the updated model has its controls in the wires of the headphones which I think is stupid! I can no longer plug my shuffle into a car or an external stereo without some $30 adapter. Boo, Apple. BOO! I am glad to have my tunes back at my finger tips though. Here are my iProdcuts both past and present.

The Original 20G (2004-2009)
This beast of an mp3 player was the 1st generation color screen. No it didn't play videos yet but I was one of the first kids to rock out while looking at the appropriate album cover. I think I dropped almost $300 on this bad boy, he served a long life and survived many trips and falls on the campus of ISU.
The Charitable Donation 4G (2009-2010)
This hot little Product [RED] shuffle has been my workout partner and helped fight AIDS with his purchase. His compact frame and portability led me through the streets of WDM and beyond. His death by accidental drowning took me by surprise but his legacy will live on with my newest addition to the iPod family.

Black Beauty 4G (2010-present)
This sassy minuscule music maker is even more likely to find itself in the washing machine due to its slight frame. I am taking a risk on you Black Beauty I hope you do not disappoint!

1 comment:

  1. FUN!!! Good luck with the new guy. I had the same qualms over the headphone controls, I'll be interested to hear how you like it.
    And I had that same version of 20G Color screen!! I thought it was SOOO great after seeing all those B&W screens, then a few months later...video and a bigger screen. :(

    ReplyDelete