In an ode to my roomie I will share the following story, which almost let to our very first fight ....

So amidst my horrible week last week Nic and I almost had our first fight, something that has made the butt of many jokes and conversations over the years. Earlier in the week we had gone scouting for Carlos and Cute Low-Rise Pants Boy and I had picked up the ingredients for tacos, a consistently delicious meal for the ladies of 187.
So some time mid-week I shot Nic a text asking her to get the taco cheese out of the freezer to thaw and she happily obliged (man, we sound like an old married couple eating tacos and such) Anyway, I arrived home from work in a piss-poor mood and went directly to my room without even saying hello to my roomie and sat down to recover from the day for awhile. When I went downstairs I saw Nic using up the last of her spaghetti sauce and that flipped the bitch switch apparently because I was instantly pissed that she was doing so. I mean hello I was going to make us tacos! How dare she?! haha.
From there I curtly asked if she was making spaghetti for dinner (no shit, Sherlock spaghetti sauce+spaghetti noodles = spaghetti) and when she said she wanted to use her leftovers up before they went bad I proceeded to grab the now thawed taco cheese and throw it into the fridge claiming that now I could not make tacos because I'd never be able to eat them all (lies we all know!). From there I stomped to the basement and did some laundry. Frankly I'm surprised that Nic didn't just lock me down there until I had a better attitude I know I would have been tempted to that.
Needless to say I had a sandwhich for dinner and we both (smartly) spent some time alone in our respective rooms. I made tacos later in the week, ate them all (no surprises there) and peace returned to 187, but it was pretty tense for awhile there and now tacos will hold a special place in Nic and my's comedy routine. So thanks Nic to not bitch-slapping the shit out me last week, which I deserved and for getting me a card instead, I will take us out for tacos when I get a new job ok :)
Who knew out of all the things we could possibly have our first fight over, it'd be tacos, lol. I've definitely had my moods and you've more than tolerated my crabby ass...it was time to return the favor. I couldn't think of anyone else I'd rather fight with over tacos.
ReplyDeleteI would fight over lobster or crab legs or a nice NY Strip...but I'm not sure I'd put my roommate on her ass over tacos. Well, maybe steak tacos, with some yummy pico di gallo. Good thing for N that she knows you so well!! As Oprah says, "It's NEVER about the taco - it's always about something else." tee hee hee.
ReplyDelete