Well this has been a unique Christmas to say the least, as I didn't get to make it home. It is the first Christmas I missed and hopefully the last! Although I was super bummed that I didn't make it home I found some comfort in knowing that my parents cable was out and that if I were there, it was going to be a looooonnnnggggg stay and that we would have needed some booze to cope ;) Highlights of my Christmas in DSM are as follows:
- Knowing that because I was at work my co-workers got to spend extra time with their families
- Going to an AMAZING Christmas Eve service at Lutheran Church of Hope, even though it was incredibly uncomfortable to be there alone
- Coming home from church to an amazingly awesome gift from my friends J&S, a piping hot pizza and breadsticks from Papa Johns!!!
- Sleeping in on Christmas day as late as I wanted
- Eating lunch with my aunt and uncle, then watching Gran Torino (fabulous film by the way)
- Driving down the center of Westown Parkway, because I could
- Having Bobby deliver me a case of Bud Light because I won a bet with him made back in August, ah the sweet golden lager taste of VICTORY!
- Spending the majority of the day with fellow Christmas orphan Bobby eating chili, drinking beer, watching movies/youtube vids and playing games on our computers. I really know now what it feels like to be an old married couple haha. But seriously, I was glad to spend the day with the kid, made me feel better.
So was it the Christmas I imagined? Nope. But was it acceptable? You bet! Things could have been worse and I know I will enjoy 4 days at home with the fam in January much more knowing that I am able to get there safe and sound (fingers crossed!)
I hope you all had a safe and joyous Christmas, 2009 has been great, let the countdown to '10 begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment