Shortly after I posted what I was thankful for earlier today my family sat down to stuff our faces and the following conversation took place.
I really don't remember how we got on topic but I was talking to the family about how my dad may or may not be wrapped around my finger. I was expressing to my uncle that it is becoming harder and harder to get my dad to do things for me. Case and point: I wanted two chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk before I went to bed, I looked at my dad and asked him if he would get them for me. Back in the day I probably would have had to ask twice but last night it took at least 5 times and I had to get really whinny. But alas, he did get me the cookies and milk. After hearing this my 90-year-old grandma says, "Well Leslie, that's why you can't get a boyfriend, you know with an attitude like that." ZING! Straight through the heart, Gram, straight through the heart! I mean Gram seriously it's not that I "CAN'T" get a boyfriend, I am just too "career focused" and I have a lot of other "priorities in my life" right now. Sheesh!
From there my family proceeded to remind me that I am alone for the next 15 minutes ... apparently because I like cookies and milk, and I proceeded to still be thankful for each and every one of them!
PS Let it be known that I am not a whinny person .... ok maybe a little, but my dad receives the brunt of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment