As I celebrate the 2nd Thanksgiving celebration this week I remember that there is more to Thanksgiving then the food, football and sleep. Things I am thankful for....
Jim and Norene (the mom and dad)
I like to think they raised a 99% perfect child ;) They are ALWAYS there for me and have been through countless phone calls full of tears and heartbreak, all of my good and bad choices and enough piercings + 1 tattoo to make your dad stop talking to you for the rest of his life (don't worry it didn't really last that long!). They never stop supporting me and model a marriage that proves people CAN get through it. I would not be the person I am today without them.
Jill (the sister)
A true gift in my life. She loves me no matter what. She has taught me patience and I wouldn't trade her for anything, she's the inspiration behind my career change and I love her more than words could ever explain.
Grandparents
My Grandparents helped raise me and all played very important roles in my life. Even though I didn't get to spend enough time with Grandpa Bauman I know what little time I did have with him was important.
Friends
Too many to list all of them here but without the love of all of my friends I don't know where I'd be today. Both those new and old, close and not so close have made me realize that love is something that grows into a network of people and I can't imagine not having some of those people in my life. Thank you Nicole, J&S, Ashley, Erin, Stacie, Kate, Britt W., Amy P., Britt D., Suzi P., JW & LW, Bobby, Hillary, Michelle, Cara, Nikki & Eric and everyone else that I depend on!
All That Other Great Stuff
a warm home, two actually since my parents door is always open - food for my stomach - enough money to pay the bills - a dependable car - a job - the ability to go back to school - my kiddos at Hubbell - my health - my talents - enough clothes and shoes to last a lifetime - cell phones, internet, letters & cards - volleyball and running - laughter - photographs and the memories that I'll never forget - traveling ... and only 1,000,000 other things
I hope you all take a moment to remember the things you are thankfkul for today
Thank you, you are a true blessing to us, Love ya, M
ReplyDelete