Sunday, November 8

Why So Quiet?

It's been a few days since I've updated, here's what occupied my time this weekend.

Friday
Worked 1/2 day, packed my bags, threw in some good tunes and headed to the LC. I hadn't been home in two months and it was time. Jim and Norene took off to LeMars to watch SCH win another game and head to "the dome" so I headed on over to Ash and Dean's for a night of hanging out in sweats. I got to peek at all the wedding photos and get in a lot of laughs especially when it came to Ash's mass quantities of red pepper flakes, parmesan and jalapenos. Pretty sure I passed out on my parents couch somewhere around 10:30. What can I say? Things get crazy in LC.

Saturday
Headed to Lanesboro to eat "breakfast" with the grandparents, I just love spending time with them, it never fails they always give me a good laugh and remind me that people can be married for over 60 years and still be in love. Then the mom went to get my sister and I went and had lunch with my dad. We watched the Iowa game and I headed home to experience the most stressful event in the last few years, family pictures. I don't know why or how I get so worked up over that kind of stuff but man I was pretty sure that my mom was about to slap me! Haha. But the pictures went good and I think we got a couple keepers. I proceeded to watch football the rest of the afternoon, fell asleep during the ISU "game" and then ended back over at Ash's. I hung out with Ash and her cousins Abby and Maddie then after they left we hopped in the Grand Am and tooled around LC. Basically we stalked about everyone we know in LC and drove really slow past peoples houses, it was hilarious and all too entertaining. Ah, the simple joys of small town living! Wrapped up the night with the Nebraska game, unfortunately they won too, rough day in my football fandom.

Sunday
Chilled with the fam and was back in DSM early afternoon. N and I hit up Target, Michaels and Bed Bath and Beyond (didn't have time for Home Depot) then went over to J&S's for yet another fab dinner. On the ride home from J&S's I decided to see what it was like to drive 15 MPH, and I don't think N & I have laughed that much in awhile, clearly it doesn't take much to entertain us!

Now onto the 9 day work-a-thon. One of my co-workers is using up some PTO and since we are short a mgmt member that leaves H and I to run the show, leaving us with 0 days off this week and part of next week. Thank goodness for Rent on Friday, I am going to need something to help me keep my sanity this week! Hope you all had good weekends and fab weeks ahead. Enjoy the weather for me!

1 comment:

  1. The 2 mph turn onto 52nd was great - you never can be too careful when turning onto that road, you know! :)

    ReplyDelete