Monday, October 12

Vacation Has Arrived

After the unexpected leaving of my boss at B. Bro. I wasn't sure if I was going to get this week off, but luckily it worked out and I am wrapping up day 2 of my week off. WOW where has it all gone. On the agenda ...

-Sunday-
Hit up brunch at Granite City with N's fam, YUM, and went to Wicked. It was wicked awesome and I already want to go again. We technically probably had bad seats but I could care less, Glinda and Elphaba had two of the most beautiful and powerful voices I have ever heard. AMAZING! So amazing in fact that N and I had to spend the rest of the day on the couch watching copious amounts of Laguna Beach, The Hills, Knocked Up, Desperate Housewives and of course Brothers and Sisters while eating gross amounts of sugary goodness supplied by Joan. Thanks Joan!

-Monday-
Spent the entire day in practicum and loved it all. Disciplined my first set of kids and got to interact with all of the elementary. I continue to look forward to becoming a teacher!!! Went for a jog in the frigid temps, had to get out the tights, ugh. Worked the hills of 50th and I am sure that my body will hate me for it tomorrow. Of course I can't forget homework, ugh I hate that part of school!

-Tuesday-
Haircut. Amen. I couldn't be more excited. Lame I know. Homework and class. Boo. No fun.

-Wednesday-
Homework and class. Boo. No fun.

-Thursday-
I plan to dedicate the day to personal projects including updating my blog header and working on a print that involves a key and the phrase "Let my love open the door", inspired by Dan In Real Life, one of my favorite movies. Check back for picts!

-Friday-
N Bauman in town, woot woot! Me and the mom are spending the day with my aunt in DSM. Planning on hitting up West End Architectural Salvage (my fave store in DSM), Back Country Outfitters and a few other DSM Proper hot spots.

-Saturday-
So many choices. Hope to tailgate for at least a little while at the ISU Homecoming game. Then my bestie Ash is coming to town and we are hitting up some dinner with friends, keeping it pretty quiet because ....

-Sunday-
RACE DAY! All of our "hard" training efforts will hopefully pay off as N & I run the PFG 5k and Ash runs the DSM 1/2 Marathon. Needless to say I will be spending the rest of the day on the couch.

So that's the plan, pretty packed week, I am so glad to get out of the mall for a week before holiday hits. Hope you all have fabulous weeks planned too!

No comments:

Post a Comment