Saturday, October 17
It's Almost Here
So the big day is almost here. For the last 2 1/2 months I have been "training" for my first 5k in over 7 years, and now it's race time! N and I spent about 20 minutes in the active wear department at Target today debating what to wear, and then we came to the realization that we were running a 5k and we had put far more effort into our outfits than needed. Ash arrived and she and N and I hit Hy-Vee Hall tonight to check in. After a dinner at Rock Bottom and a few pre-race bevy's at Cab I think we are all ready, ready, ready, ready to run! I also think I loosely agreed to run DAM to DAM with Ash, Holly & N next summer, what the hell was I thinking?! Looks like I'll be joining a gym this winter because there is a bit of a difference between 3.1 and 12 miles oops! I also solidified my playlist tonight and here it is. I know I won't need all the tunes, but you never know.... Check back to see how we all did :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your writing entertains me (because it sounds real) and it's intelligent. No effort in honest work. I dig.
ReplyDeleteAnd good luck on your race. :)