Tuesday, October 6

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year


No, it's not Christmas, it's Halloween! I am not a huge fan of Fall but I do love me some Halloween and this year will be no different. The last 3 years have spelled out a success in major form, I don't know if it's the artist in me or what but I fully admit to having spectacular Halloween costumes. For instance ....

2006 - Santa's Little Helpers
My bestie B and I made the shirts and got the skirts, hats and bags at VS for a sweet deal since I was working there at the time. We entered ourselves in the Campustown pub-crawl and won ourselves a keg party at the bar of our choice, clearly that would be Lost and Found Lounge. We even ran into 2 creepy Santas that night that insisted on following us around, HOT. It did make for a fab Christmas card.
Clearly a winning combination

2007 - Truck Driver and Deer
Once again B & I teamed up. Originally we were going to be the game "Big Buck Hunter" but it was hard to coordinate with B living in the Twin Cities. I crafted it all myself using fake fur and a tank for the top and covering my knee high black boots with fur leg-warmers. By far my favorite costume to date, people just loved the hooves! Stace also joined in as a deer and her counterpart was a hunter.
Me and the truck driver that hit me

Stace and I - "deer in headlights"

2008 - Sarah "The Maverick" Palin
This one was a bit predictable but I'd like to think I took it to a new level by adding in the Top Gun element. There were plenty of S. Palin's out last year but I am certain I was the only one in a flight suit. Unfortunately this idea sprung on me too late, I would have loved a Joe the Plumber and another John McCain "Maverick" but alas, poor planning did not allow!
Dorothy, Jessica Simpson & Sarah "The Maverick" Palin

2009 - Beyonce's "Single Ladies" or Lady Gaga
Currently N and I are plotting to be the "Single Ladies" (how appropriate) from Beyonce's vid with our friend Naomi. If this doesn't work out Lady GaGa it is! And yes, we will have a dance performance ready!
The move of the evening, DSM eat your heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment