Wednesday, October 7

Concert Tour '09 Misses A Crucial Stop

If you've been following me over the last few months you probably have picked up on my love for music, especially live shows. So far this year N and I have seen:
Brett Dennen - Ben Folds- No Doubt - Santigold - The Envy Corps - Coldplay - Jack's Mannequin - Blink-182/Panic! At The Disco/Fall Out Boy - Britney Spears - Cashes Rivers

Clearly we have gotten around. I am sad to say that I am certain we missed a really good show in DSM about two weeks ago, Manchester Orchestra, Cage The Elephant and Silversun Pickups were at Hoyt Sherman. I'd never heard of Manchester Orchestra or Cage The Elephant and I wasn't super keen on Silversun Pickups so I never even thought of fronting the cash to see them, curiously enough 2 songs that I can't get enough of the last 2 weeks are from 2 of the groups. I have been listening to a lot of 105.1 lately and they have changed their programming a ton since I was in school in Ames, they actually play songs by artists other than Slipknot now! Anyway, that's how I got hooked on these tunes. Still on the fence about Manchester Orchestra but check these 2 in the meantime.


Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch


Cage The Elephant - In One Ear

No comments:

Post a Comment