Kiddos
So my friend MadKanga posted probably the cutest photo and story of her kids today, it made me laugh out loud and put the biggest smile on my face, check it here and you will know why! I also got a good laugh in Monday at class when the little girl who on the first day of class asked me if I thought I would ever get married yelled at me exclaiming, "you hate my project don't you!" to which I politely replied, "of course not, I just told you twice what a great job you are doing!" She paused and then threw her picture yelling, "NO! It's terrible, it's a hot mess!". She is in 3rd grade, I could help but giggle when I heard her yell that.
Love
No, I am not in love but my friend Stacie is! She and her long-time bf Ryan had a very small private wedding back early this summer, she has since moved to live with him in Texas and I miss her lots. We have been friends since around 6th or 7th grade when we played the drums in the middle school band. Since then we've been through a ton together and bonded over more than a few bowls of SpaghettiO's. Today she told me to check my mail and this is what I found...

Yep an adorable cookie asking me to be a bridesmaid for her. Of course I will be a bridesmaid!!! She and Ryan are having a big shindig next summer and I can't wait to be a part of their one year anniversary and marriage celebration!
Juice
So back in August the DSM periodical Juice advertised that they were looking for someone to help take over one of the writer's spots for the relationship column "She Said/She Said". Now I know what you are thinking, "L write a relationship column? Haha she can't even get a date!" and that is very true but I have made lots of hilarious mistakes in the relationship world and I think I'm pretty funny so I applied. This week Juice finally emailed me back telling me that I am a finalist for their column and asked me to write up a few responses to send back to them. So keep your fingers crossed, I think it would be a hilarious experience and you know you all want to read my advice column each week :) Stay tuned!
Attack of the Entirely TOO Fabulous Roommate!
As N and I drove to dinner tonight (at Legends because we refuse to eat in the house until the mouse is gone) and she was telling me how she spent her night away from the house and told me she went to Target. This immediately evoked me to ask if Role Models was on sale for $10 yet. You see N is really fab about keeping on the lookout for movies we want to drop to $10 and ALWAYS checks on Role Models for me. Historically Target starts their new releases out around $24-$22 then they drop to $15 after a month or so then they hit $13 where they comfortably rest for the majority of their life on the shelf BUT if you watch carefully the movie will indeed go to $10. Beware though my friends you will often see an endcap of $10 movies near the cash register and often that movie you have been waiting for, in this case Role Models, will be on there, but alas Target is sneaky and it will have an individual tag of $13 attached. Anyway when I asked N said that she didn't look today. Now I will be honest this took me aback, she ALWAYS looks! But I blew it off and we went along our merry way. So we roll into the house tonight after dinner and N shows me her cute purchases from Target and tells me to close my eyes and hold out both of my hands. What did she place in them? ROLE MODELS! Woot woot! I told you she ALWAYS looks and today was my lucky day it was $10 :) I simply have the best roommate ever, she can always put a smile on my face, even when a mouse is in our house.
------------
So yeah there are crappy things in our lives, and unfortunately there always will be, but today was a simple reminder that there are so many good things out there and good people, make sure you don't overlook them.
yay. love your positive post.
ReplyDeleteit's great to stop and count up all the good things happening around you.
you & your roomie's movie price monitoring is great.